Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Toddler, Thy Name is Difficult

This is not a staged photo.  He really does love this book.  :)  So appropriate!  :)  (I think he just likes the shiny printing on the front.)

Some people have easy toddlers.

We are not *some people.*  Most of our toddlers have been quite difficult.

The really great thing is, because he is my ninth child, I know that given enough time, patience, tolerance, love and stability, even really difficult toddlers grow up to be wonderful people.

3 comments:

  1. A girlfriend of mine has two children and one of them is a handful - and an escape artist. The funny thing is, no one believes her warnings until they witness it themselves. I told her that in today's smaller families, maybe it's rare to get such a child but that when people have bigger families, at least one of them is going to be a difficult toddler. She just lucked out. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara, that is a very, very wise thing to say. :) I think you're absolutely right! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pic just cracks me up! :D

    Those strong willed ones sure do keep us on our toes, don't they? :) I wouldn't have them any other way, either.

    ReplyDelete