Pages

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Parked

Hello everyone,

I am going to be parking this blog for awhile.  I'm specifically NOT shutting down, just putting it in the parking garage for awhile.  I may take it out for a Sunday drive once a month or so (for family updates and pictures,) but mostly it is going to simply sit and rest.  :)  I'm sure I'll be back at some point.

As for the series of posts on Raising Confident Sons, I know....I know.  You should know by now that if I say I will do twenty posts, I will do six.  :)  If it is a thing essential to daily life, it will get done.  If it is an extra thing, it will take twice as long and may never be fully accomplished.  It's sorta like home-remodeling.


Our family is doing very well.  We're just busy.  This is my son Nick's last semester of high school before graduation and before he leaves for college in the fall.  I am teaching my daughter Emily to drive a vehicle in anticipation that she will have her license by summer.  I continue to homeschool six children, the four year old is very active, and the baby is learning to climb and get into things.  The things that make for great blog fodder also make for a busy mom.  :)

I'll see you around....

Holly

12 comments:

  1. I will look forward to your Sunday drives, Holly. Enjoy the time with your family. Thank you for doing what you so often have taught here--using your time for your God-ordained priorities in this season.

    Jenn in NH

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to you Holly. See you when I see you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally understand and will look forward to updates as time allows!

    ~ fixed my spelling mistake :) ~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your break, Holly!
    Or should I say "brake"? :0)
    XO
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  6. *hugs* Looking forward to the Sunday drives! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. God bless you Holly and family in 2012! As my children are almost all independent - youngest is 17 - I find the season of "reading blogs about other homeschool families" is changing as I am spending more time outside the home with & without my kids in volunteer ministry. I just check in every once in a while with warm thoughts and prayers.
    Susan T :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww....Holly! I just saw this. I guess I have taken a break from reading and I thought I'd stop in to say "Hi" to you:) I definitely understand your break. It sounds like a wonderful, busy season of your life. I pray you all are blessed in the new changes this year. I know I can always say hello on FB.
    Take care and God Bless,
    Andrea Studt

    ReplyDelete
  9. Still thinking of you, Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It has been almost a year already since you parked. Hard to believe! I have missed your blog. Hope all is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A whole year! Blessings to you and yours Holly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am such a loser! :) A whole year!!!! I think about hopping back on sometimes - and hope to - then life swallows me up again. I'll try to get my act together, at least for an update. Thanks so much, Sara, and Hope. :)

    ReplyDelete